27 November 2011

What's for Dinner.



Huevos Rancheros. Turns out the meal with such a fun name to say is equally fun and easy to make. Are you sick of your Thanksgiving leftovers yet? This might be a great recipe to try! I've had this kicking around in my head for a bit, since the main ingredients are always staples in my kitchen. Tonight was the first time I've actually made it and I must say it was muy bueno!

Here's what I used to pull it together:

1 corn tortilla, warmed 
1 slice soy cheese (smoked provolone flavor)
black beans seasoned to taste with cumin, chili pepper and a splash of salsa
1 fried egg seasoned with salt, pepper and onion flakes
half a roma tomato, diced
salsa
guacamole, which had the other half of the roma tomato

Pile it all together and enjoy! The fun is that you can really play around with the ingredients and add/subtract depending on what you have on hand. This combination above was super tasty and is likely to become a standard quick meal at Casa Starr Fish. 




No comments: