23 September 2010

ArtPrize 2010 Day Two

After catching the fever that is ArtPrize last night, Day Two did not go as I had hoped. There simply was not enough time to pack in everything that usually has to happen during my day and get in a good amount of ArtPrizing at the same time. So I had to resign myself to the fact that Day Two was not going to match opening day in energy or in the amount of art seen.

Here's how my day went:
6:00 a.m. Alarm goes off after too little sleep. Eyes feeling stingy and dry, I so badly want to turn over and not have to get up.

6:15 a.m. Actually get out of bed.

7:00 a.m. Orthodontist appointment. My teeth are super close to being sans braces. We're doing minor tweaks at this point. It felt like the ortho was going to pull a tooth out of my head while trying to adjust the wire on the bottom. Ugh, it was the most pain and level of discomfort I've experienced since beginning this whole journey with orthodontia last year. Pick up Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Latte.

8:00-9:00 a.m. Spend nearly 45 minutes on the phone with someone in our Global IT department, while trying to log onto my work system from home.

9:00-11:00 a.m. Actually work at home once finally logged on.

11:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. Volunteer at the Women's Resource Center, which just happens to be located within a building with ArtPrize exhibits, so I actually did see some art today!

1:00-1:30 p.m. Travel to office from volunteering

1:30-5:30 p.m. Work in office, wonder at several points why I haven't yet received my vote registration text from ArtPrize, it's almost been 24 hours since I registered.

5:30-5:50 p.m. Travel home

5:50-7:30 p.m. Decompress from work stress, eat snack, chat with R who came by for a visit, waffle about how the rest of my evening should go down. End up changing into running gear.

7:30-8:17 p.m. Running. Actually had a good run, despite the fact that during the second half of my run it was dark!

8:17-9:15 p.m. Clean up, check the internetz for the latest ArtPrize news.

9:15-10:00 p.m. Take my Italian motor friend out for a spin around downtown. While out I passed a Harley, who then ended up being next to me at a stop light. The driver made my day when he said, "hey, you weren't supposed to pass me like that!" We discussed our two wheelers and then the light changed and I whizzed off.

10:00-11:00 p.m. Eat a half peanut butter and jelly sandwich and some fake bacon. Blog writing.

11:11 p.m. Bed time!

Hoping to actually see more art tomorrow!!

1 comment:

k said...

Woman, you are in the zone with ArtPrize.

Small Fry and I are leaving work a bit early today to check out a few pieces that hopefully won't creep him out ("I NO LIKE IT!").