02 October 2010

ArtPrize 2010 Day Eleven


Wet Apple Eve, Keith Howard

Anyone else feeling a little tired? We've reached ArtPrize Day Eleven. It wasn't looking like I was going to get to see any new art today. I helped my friend A move into a new place this morning until about 2:00 p.m., then had to run a few errands which ended up overlapping with my planned rendez-vous with a couple of my lady friends and their wee ones. I made it to dinner with them though - Little Mexico, legendary west side restaurant.

Once dinner was over, ArtPrize venues were still open for another two hours, so I decided to hit a venue off-the-beaten path away from downtown's hub bub - Cathedral Square at the southern edge of the ArtPrize boundary. They had quite a nice collection of artists - so kudos to the curator(s) of the space. Now if I hit Meijer Gardens, I will have visited all the Exhibition Centers!

Here's a taste of what I saw at Cathedral Square:

(one of a series of five) The Space Between Us, Deborah Rockman


The Gilded Age, Margaret Schmitz


Cradle Will Rock, Joyce Recker


Dream as if You'll Live Forever..., Christi Dreese-Carter


All American Meal, Beth Jacobson

As I've been typing this out, I've felt a tiny bit of a sore throat coming on. I'm so not into that! I cannot get sick. I'm a big believer in Airborne, so have already done a dose of that. Since I'm scheduled to get up and run 12 or so miles with my running buds tomorrow at 8:00 a.m., feeling a bit of a sore throat approaching is all the more reason why I must go to sleep now!! All these long days/ArtPrize nights might just be catching up with me, although I sincerely hope not. Send me some healthy vibes so I can keep blogging about Art!

No comments: