23 October 2010

Goodness

After a few days of feeling a bit out of sorts after my race, I'm feeling better and looking forward to getting back to the gym. What did it take to get out of the funk? Time, sleep, and having an appreciation the simple goodness in my life right now. Here's a small sampling:

Seeing some local art last night. Blog post about Site_Lab is in the works. Will hopefully post tomorrow.

Eating melty ice cream.

New shorts for running! I finally found and ordered a couple pairs of my favorite running shorts. They arrived in the mail today and I can't wait to work out/run in them.

Saucony PE Revival Shorts. The front two are new, the back pair are my original pair.

Playing with the cats. And the fact that they're using their little kitten beds on the regular.

Did I mention eating ice cream?

Project Runway. I was sad that Michael Costello did not make it to Fashion Week! His "effortless" looks for the mini runway show this week were gorgeous!

Orville Redenbacher Naturals Buttery Salt & Cracked Pepper popcorn. Yum!

Cookies from the VW dealer. Perhaps the most expensive "free" cookies around, but they're still enjoyable.

Watching make up tutorial videos by make up artist Kandee Johnson. Here are a few halloween make up vids of hers that are fun: Betty Boop, Queen of Hearts & Edward Scissorhands.

Sleeping in. Going to sleep early. Naps. I've been very serious about sleeping since the race last week and I'm loving it!

Spending time with and/or chatting with my girls.

Winning tickets to see Mason Bates perform his piece Rusty Air in Carolina with the Grand Rapids Symphony.

What kind of simple goodness are you appreciating in your life these days?


1 comment:

k said...

The simple goodness of not having to change some scary-ass diapers and having Baby Iris feeling better and up-to-snuff.