30 October 2010

Random Assortment

Wilfred Brimley is only 76 years old. The dude was old back when I was a kid. Somehow we were talking about him at work and everyone guessed he was older than that - mid 80s or "125" were the answers.

*****

Our snack box at work was replenished yesterday. It's a copy paper box filled to the brim with mini candy bars, fruit snacks, tootsie pops, combos, and the most exciting additions with the refill - pudding snack cups and oreos! Plus, we have immediate refill capabilities, extras are stored in a nearby closed - marked "historical documents"!

*****

I don't have any definite plans for Halloween, but bought a wig after work yesterday and may just dress up and just see where the Halloween Spirits take me. A few friends are doing stuff that I could tag along for...I just feel like dressing up it appeals to my secret agent gene. I don't really care where I go! Are you dressing up?

*****

Speaking of Halloween. I made cupcakes for the kids at work and we're such a skeleton crew right now with two people on maternity leave and having two other empty positions that I actually brought cupcakes home! That was not my idea when I was baking. I like to bake, maybe eat one of what I bake and then be done with it!

*****

My headache yesterday and it feels like it's there again today may be directly related to my sugar consumption. Darn sugar! It's so good, but so bad for me!

*****

When I was walking out of work last night someone was walking in with their two cutie kids who were in costume. The little girl dressed as a witch, complete with green skin, reminded me of dressing up as a witch a few years in a row when I was younger. I had a simple brown (I think) dress and had a green witch mask complete with crazy black and gray curly hair. I carried an old lady's hand bag for all my trick or treat candy. That's the only costume I vividly remember. I wish I could remember more of them. What was your favorite halloween costume when you were young?

*****

My brother posted something about the show Kids In the Hall on my FB wall late last night. That lead to me digging through youtube videos that I could post back on his wall. Here's my favorite one:



2 comments:

RTL said...

i always dressed up as a skeleton. Go figure huh?

k said...

Kids in the Hall always reminds me of the song "...these are the Daves I know I know, these are the Daves I know." Snort.