11 October 2010

Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars

Quick, think of two things that go so magically well together, you wonder sometimes why anyone would want to deprive the world of their awesome togetherness! Diet Coke and Tabasco Cheez Nips? Mmm...just me on that one? Cool Whip and Ritz Crackers? A new late night in-a-pinch-for-a-sweet-treat discovery. Salty+sweet=goodness! Peanut butter and jelly? There's a solid choice! Chocolate and peanut butter? Classic!

I thought I might get you on the chocolate and peanut butter. If I did, I've got quite the recipe for you. My aunt has been making these chocolate peanut butter bars for as long as I can remember. They are so good and hard to resist! She doesn't even need the recipe! She can make them from memory, she's made them so many times!

Aunty G's Peanut Butter Bars
2 cups graham cracker crumbs
2 cups powdered sugar
2 cups peanut butter
1/4 cup butter, melted
1 12 oz. package chocolate chips melted

Mix graham cracker crumbs and powdered sugar. Add melted butter and then mix in peanut butter. Pat into a 9"x13" pan. Spread the melted chocolate chips over the top and let set.

The graham cracker crumbs and powdered sugar. I used the food processor to make my crumbs.

Add melted butter and then mix in peanut butter. I started the mixing by hand, but then invited Sir Mix-Alot to the party. It goes a lot quicker, so if you have a mixer, you may want to put it to use.

This is how it should look once the graham cracker crumbs, powdered sugar, melted butter and peanut butter are all mixed together.

Press the peanut butter mixture into the pan - I used my hands. Do what what you must to get it into the pan and then pour the melted chocolate over and spread it evenly to cover.
Et voila, a delicious treat to share!

I will warn you, do try to share these bad boys - bring them to work, a pot luck, a dinner party, or a bake sale - the last thing you want to do is eat too many of them on your own. Trust me, I speak from experience, they're rich. You risk burning out on them if you do over do it. You've just been given a very tasty recipe, use it wisely and you will enjoy making and sharing these bars for years to come!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We know they're yummy. I try to make them only when the Fam gathers..............so let's see, Thanksgiving is only 6 weeks away!

RTL said...

Posted and Failed via mobile device.
1. Ritz and Cool Whip. Ick!
2. R*'s world famous chocolate PB bars. YUM!!
3. R* and her world famous Chocolate PB bars. YUM! YUM!
;))
Curious. How do those work work with the robotic grill. and how much longer do they stay on?