12 January 2009

favorites

It's been a while since I've done a favorites list... so here are some things that have been helping me get get through the winter:

My North Face Arctic parka. The walk from parking lot to actual office door is a long one, especially when it's 12!

The library. I finally picked up the book club book tonight. Nothing like putting it off until the last minute.

My cozy bed. It's deliciously warm with layers of blankets and the faux feather bed.

My Macbook with wi-fi, nothing like blogging from bed!

Sweating it out at the gym, while thinking about sweating it out on the road via bike or foot. I long for warmer weather and daylight that extends beyond 5:30 p.m.

My various pairs of knee-high black boots. My Hunters and my "shearlings" are getting the most use lately. Would love it if the weather would let me wear a few of the others!

Music. I've been falling asleep to the National's "Boxer", rocking out to Does it Offend You, Yeah? and Crystal Castles. And just dug out another favorite, Snow Patrol's "Eyes Open" that I couldn't stop listening to last fall.

New tires for the VW. Makes a world of difference on the sloppy roads and my heart attacks have dramatically decreased.

French toast. It's a good thing I'm running on the regular. It's dangerously close to taking over where my fried egg sandwich obsession left off.
 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Read the book...LOVED IT!