31 March 2009

moving

They say moving is one of life's most stressful events, right up there with death and divorce.

Today in Cubeland, we're moving cubes. I spent the last couple hours packing up my work life from the last two years. It's hard to believe the amount of stuff that can accumulate in such a small space in a short amount of time. I've thrown out a bunch of stuff that I've been hanging on to for whatever reason and now the time is right to pitch it! I like that part. I like the clean slate part, I just don't like the process you have to go through to get to the clean slate. There's some lesson about life in there, I think. Something about the rewards of hard work.

Right now though, it's just a pain. All my stuff is packed, most of it is in the new cube (still in boxes) and I'm waiting for the new cube to be vacated so the computer can make the move. Did I mention I have a pounding headache?

I'm just glad it's only a Cubeland move and not a house move for me. I've been in my house for the last 8 years or so and I can't imagine moving my entire house at this point. I love my house!

No comments: