20 December 2008

Things you might now know about me.

1. i secretly (not so much now) like the smell of self tanner when it's doing its "tanning" business.
2. i apparently need others to point out when men are flirting with me. or the men have to be ridiculously obvious. when it's a waiter somewhere, i just assume he's doing his job - working for a good tip.
3. i have cousins by marriage that i haven't seen in years. (long story) i wonder where they are and how they're doing. 
4. winter driving (and even thinking about the prospect of driving in a snowstorm) makes me very nervous. it's the only time i drive like an old lady. 
5. the oddest thing in my fridge is an unopened can of mango pulp. my sister in law gave it to me when they moved out of state. that was about five years ago. 
6. i sometimes have dreams that are like movies or TV shows - i'm not in them at all - just watching what's going on. i once dreamt an episode of Roseanne.
7. i rarely answer my door if someone knocks when i'm not expecting anyone.
8. i like wearing corduroys to work because they are as comfortable as jeans, but aren't.
9. rolling my eyes is one of my involuntary responses when i think someone or something is bordering on ridiculous. i've been doing it since 3rd grade, thanks Mrs. Fry for pointing that out. trying to become aware of when i do it, so i can not do it.
10. i punched a boy in 7th or 8th grade. he had been teasing me relentlessly and that fist of fury came out of nowhere. definitely not pre-meditated. his friends separated us and he left me alone after that.

1 comment:

k said...

I knew we were friends for a reason!

I, too:

Refuse to open my door for errant knocking.

Roll my eyes. This used to make my parents PISSED when I was a teenager.

Wrangled with a boy. Except it was in 6th grade and I kicked him in the crotch. He also left me alone after that.