11 December 2008

this old house

I have a running mental list of things I'd like to do around my house. I've probably written it down and lost the list several times, so committing it to the interwebs seems to make sense as I'll always know where it is and can come back, make updates and I can scratch things off the list. Mind you, it's a bit of a "wish" list, so it may take a while, but what's the point of a wish list if you can't put down everything you want? In no particular order:

  • Concrete counter tops in the kitchen. I've wanted this one for a while and completely realize that doing such an update could actually lead to an entire kitchen overhaul - installation of a garbage disposal, new sink, getting my dream industrial range (or just finally switching from electric to gas)! See how the one item snowballed?!
  • Paint most of the interior of house. House was freshly painted when I signed the mortgage about 8 years ago, so it's time to update and refresh.
  • Replace front door with something like this. It's very much like what I already have, but it's not 80 years old and it's insulated!
  • Eventually pave the driveway. Would make a world of difference in the winter! 

I love my house, it was exactly what I was looking for when I bought it and today it still fits the bill, just could use a few things to make it even better! We'll see how it goes. Painting will likely happen before anything else. Always an easy place to start.

No comments: