10 December 2008

Wanting

I have a friend who used to ask, “how’s it feel to want?” whenever I’d talk about wanting something outside my reach.

Whenever I find myself consciously thinking about the things I’d like to happen in my life, energy seems to stagnate and time seems to stand still. Letting go of the when, where and who always seems to produce some sort of movement. Miracle? Maybe, or maybe it’s just the simple act of carrying on with life today, playing the cards I’m holding. rather than thinking about the one card I still need for the perfect hand that allows that next thing to happen that will lead me where I need to be.

Clearly, I’m not talking about attainable goals where I do a little work each day and then can experience the fruits of my hard work. I’m all over that. I’m talking about wanting the things that I have absolutely no control over.

Today, I’m going to do my best at being here in the moment. Let go and see what the universe really has in store for me.

No comments: