16 March 2010

Snooze Abuser

If you snooze you lose. Count me as a loser!

I've somehow become a snooze button addict and it's not a good thing for my morning routine. My first alarm goes off at 6:00 a.m. and there are mornings I won't get out of bed until close to 7:00 a.m. Seriously? Who am I? An angsty teen who stays up too late every night? When I finally do get out of bed, I'm groggy and crabby. I could actually be reverting to my teen self. Just need to bust out my collection of The Cure and Depeche Mode! And can we talk about the whole Daylight Savings Time debacle? It has completely thrown me for a loop, making things even worse!

The thing is, I'll get up knowing full well that I'm pretty much going to be late for work. I use the word "late" loosly, since my workplace is quite relaxed about starting times. Stopping times are equally blurred - most often not in the worker's favor. So I just go about my morning routine, not really in a rush. I have no sense of urgency at all. Something's got to give, because this just isn't working out.

This morning I thought about setting up a reward for myself if I get up when I'm supposed to for five days in a row. A non-snooze star chart. Once I get five stars, I'll get to pick out a prize for myself! There are a couple cheapo clearance items I've been eyeing on Forever 21's site that I haven't purchased since I don't actually NEED them. Perhaps those could serve as the reward?

I can't believe I'm considering resorting to a star chart! I'm not happy with the current state of affairs though. I think I just need to set one alarm and get up. Not feeling the crap guilt for getting to work later and later each day should be reward enough!

Now that I've outted myself as a snooze abuser, I'm going to work to get my a** out of bed each morning for my prize and so I can hold my head up high.

No comments: