07 July 2010

Today's Catch

I found a crumbled $5 spot on the floor while grabbing an iced coffee this afternoon at the company Starbucks. I gave it to the lovely barrista who knows all her regulars - figuring she'd know who had just been there before me. I'm hoping the $ gets back to its rightful owner.

# # # # #

I love the Pure Michigan ads on the radio (they're on tv and online too, but I usually only hear them) narrated by Tim Allen. They are really well written, captivating even. If you're from the mitten state you know how well they've captured the feeling of vacationing/visiting our special state. If you're not from here - check out the ads, then come visit and see what you think!

# # # # #

Procrastination. Why do you eff with me sometimes? I hate you.

# # # # #

Ever go to the car mechanic and think you're just in for something simple and then it becomes the car equivalent of The Money Pit? That didn't happen to me today, although the potential was there. Whenever the VW is close to needing an oil change, it basically yells at me until I get one. This scary oil pressure warning light comes on whenever I'm driving through loopy turns (think loopy highway exit ramps). It actually says STOP! Then the check engine light comes on. I don't stop because I know it's not the end of the world, but the first time it happened, I freaked out! I told the dude at the dealer that the light had been coming on again and he said they'd check it out. Turns out I was right, the VW is just really particular about getting its oil changed!

# # # # #

Guilty TV (hulu.com) pleasures lately - The Bachelorette and Losing it with Jillian Michaels.

# # # # #

Do you have a dermatologist? Do you visit often? I went this week for the first time in years just so she could have a look-see at my 30-something skin. What's up with a bit of what I don't want to call "age" spots? How about sun spots? Apparently, yes, my fair skin does have a bit of sun damage. Crikey! All the more reason to stick to my Arbonne lotions & potions and up the sun screen factor on my face!

# # # # #

Here's where I tell you something completely nerdy about me - I bought a new dehumidifier this weekend for the basement and it's amazing how much water it collects, seemingly out of thin (actually thick) air! Yep, I'm stoked about an appliance and it's not even one of the sexy kitchen appliances that people get excited about! The old dehumidifier had been running constantly for years and it finally lost its magical dehumidifying powers, leading to a clammy basement. This new one made the basement feel better in just a few hours. Dry basements are where its at, yo!

# # # # #

Is there anything better than going to bed early? I'm headed there now. I almost fell asleep before going to the gym tonight (way too hot to run outside tonight!) so I'm feeling the need for some extra zzzz's! I hope I get lucky and have some cool dreams. Good night!




1 comment:

RTL said...

Yeah. Sweet dreams to the R*