18 June 2009

The Good Salad

I picked up this salad recipe from my friend AW. She's made it for many a dinner I've enjoyed with her, the hubby and her kids. We call it the "good salad". It goes well with a simple pasta and some "good bread". It's super easy to make and really delicious for summer!

1 head boston lettuce
mix in some spinach leaves if you're feeling the need for more green or more quantity
1 sm can black olives
1/2 (or more depending on how many you're serving) red pepper sliced into thin strips
1 sm jar marinated artichoke hearts, drained
1 handful(ish) small chunks Cappiello marinated braided mozzarella (It's not cheap, but it's GOOD! You'll want to eat it as a snack!)
Brianna's Asiago Ceasar Salad dressing

Assemble everything in a large salad bowl. Add the dressing and toss to coat the whole salad or serve in smaller bowls and administer dressing individually. I really like it best when the salad is already "dressed" when you serve it.

I wish I had a picture to share! Next time I make it...

No comments: