14 January 2011

FOOD!

So you know I've been eating Special K like it's my job. What else have I been eating? Well, funny you should ask, or that I would pretend that you asked and tell you! Some of the staples and recent favorites:

Clif Builder's Bars - Peanut Butter. I've probably blogged about these before. They're so good, and such a simple way to get a good dose of protein - 20 grams, yo! I've been eating one for breakfast lately, you know since I've been eating cereal for dinner! HA!

Bananas with peanut butter. Seriously the bananas are b.a.n.a.n.a.s! Then, you add peanut butter?! Get out! I've been bringing both to work. I had to remove the jar of peanut butter from my giant purse tonight before going into dinner. Do you know anyone else who carries peanut butter? My work buddies and I developed a whole routine about bananas. As with most work-comedy things, it might not translate to the masses. Just know we were laughing this week in cubeland - all about bananas!

They're yellow and delicious! They're bananas! (image via google images)

Rak Thai. Grand Rapids seems to have exploded with Thai restaurants in the last year or so. While I'm not a super experienced Thai foodie, I do enjoy it! People who are Thai experts would probably laugh because I usually order Pad Thai. It's the gateway Thai food though, c'mon! A couple friends who live north of town always talk about Rak Thai and tonight I had the opportunity to have dinner there with my friend N, since it's in her neighborhood. Decor is contemporary/clean, painted bright green with bamboo wood banquette seating and a few stand alone tables. I actually branched out and ordered a Curry dish that I don't remember the name of (sorry!). It was delish though!

Chocolate Cake in a Mug. If any of your lady friends who love chocolate have seen this recipe, you've probably received it via email at least once. I saw it a couple of years ago and never thought I'd actually make it. Well, a girl and her chocolate craving might run up against some desperate times on a Friday night, desperate times that call for chocolate cake in a pinch! It's beyond easy and actually tasty for a cake made in the microwave in three minutes! If you give it a try, leave me a comment and tell me how it went for you!

Chocolate Cake in a Mug! (phone camera accounts for picture quality!) I posted this same photo on my facebook and my friend D posted, "Does anyone else see an owl?" So if you see an owl, you have a special gift and can laugh out loud like I just did!!

Water. Seriously! Good old H2O! During the week at work I go through one 32 ounce Nalgene bottle during the day and probably another 16-20 ounces on nights that I work out. Love water. Totally need to incorporate the water drinking during the weekends though. Gotta stay hydrated on the weekends too!

What foods are you digging right now? Any good recipes to share with me? Leave me some comment love!

Your foodie friend,
*fish!



No comments: