05 January 2011

*starr fish bits

I am hopeful for new beginnings in the new year. I think I mentioned that I practiced yoga for the first time in forever on New Year's Eve and one of the principals of Anusara Yoga (the style of yoga that I practice, WHEN I practice) is opening to grace - here's a good explanation of it within the practice. My intention for the year is to open to grace in life. To me that means being in the moment, being tuned into and trusting of my intuition, thinking positively about what I'm doing, who I am and what I'm capable of. For me it also means being open to new experiences and trying new things so that I can continue to grow as a person.

*****

I'm on day three of a seven day 100 squats/day challenge posed by Mary over at MoreThanMary.com. First day, not so bad, getting through 100. I've been breaking it up into sets of 20. I think the idea is just do whatever you need to in order to get through them, but DO them! It's getting progressively harder each day since my muscles are sore, but I'm already feeling more toned and like my rear is getting more in gear!

*****

I get my braces off next week! I can hardly believe it! I'm going to be put into Invisalign though for some final corrective maneuvers. I wasn't totally hating the braces, to be honest, so it will be a little sad when they're gone.

*****

I caught the first part of the first episode of the Bachelor (no judgements!) earlier this week. Apparently there's drama because this guy was on the show before and he didn't pick either of the final girls. (did not watch that season!) Seriously? Would everyone rather he picked a girl and then broke up with her a few months later like all the rest of them seem to do? He knew he wasn't ready, give him some credit for that. Now that he's done some soul searching, he's apparently ready. It will be interesting to watch how it all goes down! Anyone else watching?

*****

I got my new passport in the mail today and while I'm happy to now have a valid passport (my previous had expired) I'm so not digging the design of this new one. It looks virtually the same on the outside, but the inside is all "USA! USA! USA!" It's a bit over the top! The old style was so much cleaner and just classy. This new one seems junky - there's WAY too much going on. If you have a newer passport, do you agree?

*****

Special K was on sale this week and I've been eating it like it's my job! Why is it so good?

*****

Another year is upon us! If you had time off around the holidays, I hope you're faring well back to work! I'm actually doing surprisingly well, after all it's Wednesday evening! Just two more work days until another weekend.


1 comment:

k said...

You know, I often miss yoga. Would you ever want to take another class? Perhaps together?

Yes, and why so much hassle for poor Bachelor Brad? Whenever it's mentioned I find myself getting a bit o' the rage over the fact that it's a big deal that he didn't pick someone. WTF, mate?--that's called making smart life decision.