24 February 2010

Run This Tune

Music is one thing that makes racking up the training miles each week so much easier. Two faves in my current running playlist feature the talented Rihanna. One thing I listen for in a good running song is strength. Strong beats? Strong lyrics? Will I feel strong and fast while listening to the song? The "yes" column gets checked for all of the aforementioned questions with Jay-Z's "Run This Town" featuring Rihanna and Rihanna's own "Hard". I also get a kick out of putting songs in my running playlists that have the word run in the title or lyrics. I'm kind of a dork though.



Life's a game but it's not fair
I break the rules, so I don't care
So I keep doing my own thing
Walking tall against the rain




They can say whatever
I'ma do whatever
No pain is forever
Yup, you know this

Tougher than a lion
Ain't no need in tryin'
I live where the sky ends
Yup, you know this


I dig Rihanna. And with all she's been through in her personal life, I like her even more for prevailing. You go, girl and keep the hits coming because I'm going to keep running (this town) and doing my own thing too!

No comments: