04 December 2010

Warmth

The weather has definitely turned to winter here in Michigan. I'm bundled up, but still feel a little chilly. So I'm blogging about things that make me think warm thoughts! Here are a few!

Zydeco music. Maybe not the first thing you'd think of, but it always sounds warm to me and I happened to be listening to American Routes, and they had a Creole Cowboys segment in the second hour featuring some great zydeco. If you click the link you can listen to that particular segment to get a taste!

SmartWool socks. I'm trying to remember my first pair of SmartWools. They were either from my brother and sister in law as a Christmas stocking stuffer a couple years ago or they were my SmartWool running socks. Anyway, if you haven't tried SmartWools, they're the way to go, so warm and comfortable. They're a treat for the feet!

Roaring fire in the fire place. This isn't my fire place (or even my picture!), but I promise once the chimney sweep comes this week and the fire is actually roaring, I'll be sure to post about it!

Beach. This was taken at Oval Beach in Saugatuck, MI, one of my favorite beaches. It's beautiful and close enough to home that it's easy to get to, but just enough of a drive so you feel like you really went somewhere. Wish I was basking in the sun there right now!

Cozy Bed. My mom, aunts & uncle and I went to Helsinki, Finland in 2005. We stayed at the Helsinki Radisson Royal SAS (now apparently called the Radisson Blu Seaside Hotel!). This was our room and the beds there were the most comfortable in the world. The sheets were amazingly soft, probably like 1000 thread count or something, seriously! High thread count sheets, alterna-down comforter and tons of pillows is the way to go!
The North Face. Nary a winter goes by that I don't mention being on Team North Face. I know EVERY one wears it now, but I don't care because I've been wearing it for years. It's the ultimate all out warm gear and with every piece I acquire, I usually say something like - this is the warmest EVAR - really! I'm even wearing one right now.


What warm things do you turn to or think about when the weather turns cold?

No comments: