10 July 2011

Running Dogs

The clock in my living room decides to slow down about every six months (I'm thinking a battery should last longer than that, but that's another story) and being that it's Sunday night, I'm wishing the 8:15 p.m. that it currently reads was true! The weekend went too quickly as is customary. If you're a regular, you saw what my Friday night consisted of. Here are a few tidbits from the rest of my weekend:

Running. Saturdays are supposed to be rest days now with long runs taking place on Sundays. I had some miles I had to catch up on since I did not run on Thursday night since my entire town was in chaos and I could not peel myself away from the police scanner, streaming news, Twitter and Facebook. It was probably safer that I did not run that night. So sad and tragic, I still can't believe it happened. Back to running, I did a quick three miles on Saturday morning and then met up with Running Buddy A for nine miles this morning at the the crack of 7:00 a.m. so we could beat the heat. Have I mentioned the heat? Brutal for the last few days.

More running. I got to talk running with two new people on Saturday. I love that I can say, I'm a runner and instantly have something to talk about with other runners! We're definitely a big club, us crazy runners. I'm in the market for new shoes as the miles are creeping up on my current pair - Brooks Adrenaline ASR 6 - my third pair of the same shoe. They discontinued the style, so I have to find a suitable replacement. I think I have my choice narrowed down (if you click the link you'll see it's sort of an obvious choice), but I was a bit of a sad panda when I realized my current ASR 6s would be my last. None to be had, even in Internet land.

Dogs. I met up with my new client and her dogs on Saturday. Did I tell you I'm a dog sitter? My first gig is this week and I'm so psyched about being able to spend some time with my new little Westie friends. Seems like it's going to be a great arrangement. I have wanted a dog since having to put the Wolf down, but have always felt too guilty about my schedule and a dog spending too much time alone and/or in a crate. This dog sitting gig is like rent-a-dog, but I'm the one getting paid! I hope it works out as well as I've made it out to in my mind!

More Dogs. Running Buddy A has a Beagle Mix named Mae and I met her, her daughter and the Beagle at the dog park in town earlier this evening. We were having a good time chatting and watching all the dogs run and play. Beagle Mix Mae is a runner (A's always telling me about her latest escape) so I was telling the story about how my mom's dog wriggled under the fence at the dog park once and went for a run. Just as we're talking about it, someone is calling out, "the beagle just got out!" The mere power of suggestion must have wafted through the air and to her ears. She wasn't going to be out done by my mom's dog and she wasn't. She gave us quite the time trying to catch her.

Somewhat of a dog. I watched The Time Traveler's Wife on DVD tonight. I tweeted this earlier, but, must re-iterate for the blog, as is always the case, the book was MUCH better than the movie. Had it not been for Eric Bana and his handsome good looks, I would have shut it down.

Dog tired. And now, since I've been up since 6:00 a.m. and have had a busy day, it's time to call an end to this weekend. Depending on when you're reading this, goodnight, good morning or good day!

No comments: