15 January 2012

2012 Golden Globes: Fashion

Award season is officially upon us with the 2012 Golden Globes taking place tonight at the Beverly Hills Hilton Hotel. I did not watch the telecast, so will have to catch video highlights tomorrow. I did, however, just look through about 40 pages of arrival photos to pick out some of my favorite red carpet looks to share with you. I was a little underwhelmed, to be honest. I don't feel like there was any one look that owned the red carpet. We saw tons of flesh/neutral colors, which all blend together when so many other ladies are wearing it.  

So here are my top pics from tonight's red carpet. A few of these ladies have been in my top picks from previous years, so I guess I like the work their stylists are doing. I would be curious to know who worked with whom in pulling the looks together. Who wore your favorite looks tonight? 

(Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage)
Kate Beckinsale in Roberto Cavalli
Kate's whole look is old Hollywood glamour. The hair, jewels and the cut of the gown. I love the straight strapless neckline. She looks like she's 100% comfortable in this glammed out look, which is how one should look on the red carpet! 

(Photo: Jason Vespa/WireImage)
Heidi Klum in Calvin Klein Collection
So here's Heidi rocking a nudie colored column dress with a turquoise and diamond necklace. I'm a sucker for turquoise, which is mainly why I chose to feature Heidi's look. That and the back of the dress, which was very low cut. Being that the Golden Globes are little more relaxed than the Oscars, I think this works as a Golden Globes look. It certainly doesn't have enough punch to make it at the Oscars. 

(Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage)
Freida Pinto in Prada
I'm all about this color for Freida. I would have liked to see how this moved on the red carpet, as the skirt photographs a little stiff. She's wearing a Chopard gold and diamond bib necklace that barely shows up in this photo. That's a true pity because with 145 total carats of yellow diamonds and 1,705 micro pave diamonds, it should knock us out. Hopefully it did in person!

(Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage)
Nicole Richie in Julien MacDonald
No changes. This is gorgeous. I love the texture and the back of the dress, is stunning. 

(Photo: Jason Merritt/Getty Images)
Charlize Theron in Dior Couture 
Charlize pretty much always looks lovely. I would have changed this up a little by removing the pouf so it would be more of a smooth/clean silhouette. Otherwise, I'm a fan.





No comments: