20 September 2009

Cookie Fail

I can't tell you how many times I've made oatmeal chocolate chip cookies. More than I can count, probably. I always use the same recipe - it's the one off the Quaker Oats box. The dough came together without a problem. That's the good news. The bad news, when I put them in the oven I set the timer for making cookie bars, 30 minutes, without even thinking about it. They normally bake for 10-12 minutes! I think I invented a new cookie, they're called chocolate chip snaps. They're ridiculously over baked. I'm bummed about the mishaps and that Quality Control won't let these cookies out of the house. I've always said there's no such thing as a bad cookie. These might be close.

Note to self, pay attention to details even when you're doing something you've done a million times!

2 comments:

k said...

Well, that's a bummer.

You could probably build some sort of retaining wall with the cookie snaps; put in some nice landscaping.

Anonymous said...

crumb them and sprinkle over ice cream! Better yet, make an ice cream cake with a cookie center. Mmmm...